I'm sitting and watching TV with my host mom and dad in our dining/living room. Earlier my mom and I watched Scrubs together but now we're watching some movie in spanish and I have no idea what's happening...
My street- Senillosa
Parque Rivadavia
Sunday morning Kerri and I tried to go to this international church that I found out about through my church. We thought we know where it was but when we got there, there was no church... Later we found out that the address had a second part that meant it wasn't even in the city. It wasn't a complete waste though because when we got off the subway we came up right into Plaza de Mayo (I had no idea that's where we were going to be) so we got to walk around a little and take pictures of the Casa Rosada (The "Pink House" which is like the White House). This is the only picture I have so far that has me in it.
Then we went to San Telmo for this huge fair they have every sunday. There was so much to look at and listen to. We spent most of the afternoon there. It was such a nice day so we went and got ice cream and sat on Kerri's patio in the sun.
Monday we got to go into the FLACSO building for the first time to learn about registration. It was nice to finally be in our own building. We haven't been able to meet in there yet because of Gripe A (Swine Flu). That night we went to see La Bomba de Tiempo, a really cool drum line that performs every monday night.
Yesterday Kerri, Niki and I met at a park by Niki's house to hang out and play cards before we had to be at FLACSO to register for our classes at UBA, the public university in Buenos Aires. Afterwards I bunch of us went to go get Freddo, the best ice cream here (at least that i've had so far...) Registering for classes has been a complicated and overwhelming process. I had to figure out which classes I thought I would like, which classes I need for credit, what credit will actually transfer, and what classes will fit into my schedule. We have a 2 week "shopping period" where we can try out classes and drop them if we don't like them. I'm planning on taking 2 spanish classes and a lit class at FLACSO, 1 lit class at the private university, and a painting class at the art school. I'm also going to a psych class for a week because I want to see a psych class in the self-proclaimed psychology capitol of the world.
Bueno, es todo!

No comments:
Post a Comment